deliveroo-icon facebook-icon food-is-life foodora-icon grain-two grain instagram-icon magnifier ornament twitter-icon uber-eats-icon youtube-icon

LE CORGNE (FENDI) – ROSSO

21,95

3 in stock

Category:

Description

Grapes: 50% Merlot, 40% Sangiovese, 10% Pinot Noir

Altitude: 650/700m a.s.l.

Exposure: North-South


Plant density: 4,500 vines/ha

Training System: spurred cordon

WINE-MAKING AND AGEING

Yield: 60 quintals/ha
Harvest Period: beginning of September for the Pinot Noir and mid October for the Merlot and Sangiovese.
Harvesting method: manual, in boxes
Fermentation: all three varieties are fermented separately for a period of about 20 days at a controlled temperature below 25°C.
Ageing: 80% of the mass rests in used barriques for 18 months while the remaining 20% is aged in new oak barrels for the same time.
 Bottle: bottled in September. The wine is released after 6 months in the bottle

TASTING NOTES

Colour: deep red/purple
Nose: red berries and jams. Toasted notes present but not overpowering; crisp, with hints of white pepper.
In the mouth: vibrant acidity, silky tannins with excellent persistence.