A red wine of great polyphenols, it represents a typical expression of a unique grape variety in the international scene, the Montefalco Sagrantino Dionigi is also famous for the variety of its taste- olfactory sensations. It is a typically dry wine, smooth and velvety, it has blackberry and blueberry aromas, spicy taste of black pepper and cinnamon, and also licorice and chocolate aromas. It is a full-bodied wine with a long lasting freshness, its intense ruby red tends to garnet because of a long aging. It perfectly suits roasted red meats, roasted lamb, game and strong cheese. Serve at 20°C after oxygenating.
- Appellation : Montefalco Sagrantino D.O.C.G.
- Produced in : Bevagna, Umbria
- Grape : 100% Sagrantino
- Aspect: South South-East facing
- Age of vineyard : 10/15 years
- Altitude : 260 m a.s.l.
- Training system : Spurred cordon
- Vines per hectare : 5,500
- Soil type : Limestone, clay
- Production per hectare : 6 tons
- Vinification : On-skin maceration for about 20 days
- Ageing : 100% is aged for 24 months in large oak casks, spends another 12 months in stainless steel
- Bottle ageing : Minimum 12 months
- Bottles produced : About 15,000
- Tasting notes : A ruby red wine with violet highlights. On the nose, spicy notes of black pepper and cinnamon; intense and persistent in the mouth, well-structured with pleasant tannins
- Special feature : This wine is deliberately left unfiltered
- Food pairing : Grilled red meats, game and mature cheeses
- Serving temperature : 18/20° C.
- Serving suggestion : Open at least an hour before drinking and, if possible, decant to obtain perfect oxygenation