According to our tradition, another full-bodied wine in which the tannic note has become soft and elegant after long aging in oak, which also delivers spicy notes. Even the small percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon together with Sangiovese, Sagrantino and Merlot is still recognizable. Its color is an intense ruby red with light garnet re ections. It perfectly suits grilled meat but also seasoned cheeses.
Serve at 18/20°C.
- Appellation: Montefalco Rosso Riserva D.O.C.
- Produced in: Bevagna, Umbria
- Grapes: 70% sangiovese, 15% Sagrantino, 7.5% Merlot,7.5 % Cabernet Sauvignon
- Aspect: South-East facing
- Age of vineyard: 10/15 years
- Altitude: 260m a.s.l.
- Training system: Spurred cordon
- Vines per hectare: 5,500
- Soil type: Limestone, clay
- Production per hectare: 7 tons
- Vinification: On-skin maceration for about 15 days
- Ageing: 12 months in French barriques, then 12 months in large wooden casks
- Bottle ageing: Minimum 6 months
- Bottles produced: About 4.000
- Tasting notes: A lively and intense ruby red; on the nose, concentrated and persistent aromas of spices and fruits of the forest. In the mouth, well-structured and harmonious with balanced tannins
- Special feature: This wine is deliberately left unfiltered
- Food pairing: Grilled red meats and mature cheeses
- Serving temperature: 18/20°C.
- Serving suggestion: Open at least an hour before drinking and, if possible, decant to obtain perfect oxygenation