The blend of Sagrantino, Merlot and Sangiovese makes this particularly structured wine enjoyable and balanced. Moderately long oak aging leaves pleasant fruity notes that result in an intense ruby red color. It can be served with meat but also with rich first dishes.
Serve at 18°C.
- Appellation: Montefalco Rosso D.O.C.
- Produced in: Bevagna, Umbria
- Grapes: 70% Sangiovese, 15% Sagrantino, 15% Merlot
- Aspect: South-facing
- Age of vineyard: 10/15 years
- Altitude: 260m a.s.l.
- Training system: Spurred cordon
- Vines per hectare: 5,500
- Soil type: Limestone, clay
- Production per hectare: 7 tons
- Vinification: On-skin maceration for 15 days
- Ageing: 12 months in barriques
- Bottle ageing: Minimum 6 months
- Bottles produced: About 30,000
- Tasting notes: A lively, intense ruby red. On the nose, aromas of redcurrants and sour cherries. The resulting taste is very harmonious with well-balanced tannins and a well-structured body, with mature red fruit flavours sustained throughout the long, finish
- Special feature: This wine is deliberately left unfiltered
- Food pairing: Strongly flavoured first courses and grilled red meats
- Serving temperature: 18° C.
- Serving suggestion: Open at least an hour before drinking, and if possible, decant to obtain the perfect oxygenation