The oldest wine in Dionigi’s production. A pure Merlot aged in large oak barrels for about two years, it has accompanied our company since its foundation. Its name is the “nickname” of Dionigi family and comes from Gabriele Dionigi who founded the company in 1896. It is very structured with a signi cant alcohol content but at the same time smooth and captivating, almost a meditation wine. It suits rich and elaborate dishes. Serve at 18°C.
- Appellation: Merlot I.G.T. Umbria
- Name of wine: Gabrino
- Produced in: Bevagna, Umbria
- Grape: 100% Merlot
- Aspect: South -West facing
- Age of vineyard: 15 years
- Altitude: 260m a.s.l.
- Training system: Spurred cordon
- Vines per hectare: 5,500
- Soil type: Limestone, clay
- Production per hectare: 8 tons
- Vinification: On-skins fermentation for about 15 days
- Maturation: 100% is aged for 24 months in large oak casks
- Bottle ageing: Minimum 6 months
- Bottles produced: Approximately 4,000
- Special feature: This wine is deliberately left unfiltered
- Tasting notes: A great wine, very palatable, rich in colour with a lightly herbaceous bouquet and scents of ripe fruit and jam. It tastes warm in flavour and very savoury
- Food Pairing: Goes well with grilled and braised meats in general
- Serving Temperature: 18° C.
- Serving suggestion: Open at least an hour before drinking, and if possible, decant to obtain the perfect oxygenation