Pure Grechetto transferred into 500 liters tonneau for about 6 months after fermentation. The wood of these tonneau is modeled with steam only in order to give to the wine a wood avor instead of roasted wood avor as it happens with red wines. It is a robust and structured wine with a typical vanilla scent and golden color given by wood. Perfect as an aperitif, with seasoned cheese and pasta dishes with true.
Serve at 12/14°C.
- Appellation: Grechetto Colli Martani D.O.C.
- Name of wine: Colle Sorragani
- Produced in: Bevagna, Umbria
- Grape: 100% Grechetto
- Aspect: North-facing
- Age of vineyard: 10/15 years
- Altitude: 260m a.s.l.
- Training system: Guyot
- Vines per hectare: 5,500
- Soil type: Limestone, clay
- Production per hectare: 6 tons
- Vinification: Cryomaceration for 24/36 hours on the skins at 0/2°C, then pressing and very slow temperature controlled fermentation at 15° C for about 20 days
- Ageing: 6 months in toneaux
- Bottle ageing: Minimum 6 months
- Bottles produced: Approximately 1,500
- Tasting notes: This straw-yellow wine has a fruity and delicately floral aroma with notes of vanilla. Slightly sweet and velvety on the palate with a mildly bitter finish, reminiscent of bitter almonds.
- Food Pairing: Excellent with first courses containing truffles, asparagus, fish and mature cheeses.
- Serving Temperature: 12/14° C.